Saturday 25 October 2008

I agreed to help a few friends in the journalism course, Andrew and Emmy, with a project they were working on over the weekend. They were interested in filming and interviewing students that were in fashion design, etcetera. They were really interested in my messenger bag designs and that I reused many materials to create my bags.

We met up on Saturday and the crew filmed me shopping for material and supplies for my bags as well as interviewing me about my craft.


We ended up doing two shoots, Our first shoot was at a second-hand shop to look for material. The second shoot would be filming me actually sewing a bag.


The shop was great and everything there was £2, some items were less! Before I left the shop I purchased some amazing pieces including these rusty orange trousers, which happen to be Banana Republic brand. I paid about £2 for them and I am sure they sold in the store for over £70. easy..They will be grand material for a messenger bag!

After the photo shoot at the second-hand shop we all stopped for some coffee nearby. Later in the evening we all met up again for the second shoot. Andrew actually gave me a pair of his old trousers that were torn for me to reuse for making bags! Very cool! When the photo shoot was over Emmy made us all dinner and we sat around and relaxed...



















The crew











No comments: