Thursday 9 October 2008

A lesson in football

I mentioned in an earlier blog about living very close to the Wembly Statium. 


This is a photo of the stadium from my campus


I learned that if I want to travel on a day of a game...well, not to do it!!

I was actually heading home from a day out in London. I went down to the baker Street station to catch a train. The next thing I know there is a mob of people heading to the train as well. I watched in amazement as people rushing to the game pushed passed me to get onto the train.

I waited and waited for another train. Each one the same scenario occurred. I had to laugh at one point when over six men tried to push their way on to the train, knowing they were all sticking out of the train and were not going to get on...what a riot!! This little bitty bit of a  woman working for the train service had to come over and reprimand the grown men for being such arses..hehe

And it doean't stop with the large crowds and long waits, they sing..yes! They get on the trains and then there is this singing ritual as they all head towards the stadium. 

After about the fourth train the crowd slimmed down a bit and i was able to get onto the fifth. 

Note to self: watch the sports schedule from here on out and travel according!

No comments: