Friday 19 December 2008

My mom is the best!!!!!!!!

I received a package today; a birthday present from my mom. She sent me an insane amount of pasta and pasta sauce, along with grated parmesan cheese, garlic, spices and a garlic press!! I know it cost her more to send it than what the contents were worth, but the idea behind it was so awesome! I keep telling her I miss her spaghetti, so she sent me stuff to make it!! My mom is the best mom in the entire world. 
I was also able to chat with her on yahoo messenger for awhile. Each year she tells me the story of how I came into this world and all of the trouble the doctors and nurses went through to get me here. It was a tough time for both of us. My mother had pneumonia and they had to take me cesarian section. My mother lost a great deal of blood and at one point, had to be brought back to life. She speaks of all this with such love and warmth for me, that I can't help but smile each time I hear it. Regardless of how much trouble it was she you can hear in her voice that she would do it all over again if she had to. I never get tired of hearing the story! Ever!! 

Some people never hear "I love you" or get hugs from their loved ones. I am so grateful to have grown up in a home with such love, patience, warmth and understanding. 

I am a lucky woman indeed.  

No comments: